When a Rabika Lifecross reading is laid out, it takes on a very three dimensional presentation. The layout of the reading has meaning in every direction: top-bottom, left-right, and depth.
- Yang hemisphere = external movement, either by external forces or external movement of the self.
- Yin hemisphere = internal forces at work.
- Unconscious hemisphere = those things we are becoming aware of.
- Conscious hemisphere = that which is or should already be in awareness.
The hemispheres are arranged thus:
- Upper Right = Conscious Yang
- Upper Left = Conscious Yin
- Lower Right = Unconscious Yang
- Lower Left = Unconscious Yin
The spine of the reading falls up the middle of the board, straddling the Yin and Yang hemispheres. The bottom section, called the Cradle, falls in the unconscious hemisphere and the upper section, called the heart cross, falls in the conscious hemisphere.
When extra cards (spots 9-11) that add dimension to the reading fall around the outer circumference of the board, these cards can be positioned in any of the hemispheres depending upon their intended meaning.
In this way, the position of a card in any particular hemisphere can provide valuable information about the rich meaning of that card.